WKNO-TV/FM Master Control Operator Part-time
1. BASIC INFORMATION
POSITION TITLE: Master Control Operator Part-time
SUPERVISOR: Engineering Manager/Master Control Supervisor
2. PURPOSE OF POSITION
Works as scheduled by WKNO-TV/FM Engineering Manager and/or Master Control Supervisor to facilitate seamless operation of 24/7/365 broadcast digital TV and FM operation from WKNO’s Master Control facility.
3. BASIC DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate television facility, including but not limited to On-Air Switching, Transmitter Operation and logging, Network Recording, Program Dubbing and Editing, Quality Control, without direct supervision.
· Position works independently on some shifts.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned by Master Control Supervisor or Studio Engineering Manager.
4. MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS
· FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Permit required.
· High School or Vo-Tech diploma required.
· SBE or other relevant professional certification desired.
· One year’s experience as a Master Control Operator at a broadcast facility and
experience in on-air switching and tape machine operations required.
· Ability to read and write, add and subtract times correctly, ability to lift 35 lbs.
· Requires individual who is highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
· Reports to WKNO-TV/FM Master Control Supervisor and Engineering Manager.
Apply in writing or email to the following with the job posting source/website included.
Deb Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WKNO Executive Assistant
7151 Cherry Farms Road
Cordova, TN 38016
No phone calls please
Please submit name of posting website with information.
Open until filled – EEO – No Phone calls please