For more information: Teri L. Sullivan
WKNO Promotions Manager
November 26, 2012
For Immediate Release
WKNO to Air BlueCross Bowl: 2012 TSSAA Football Championships Live
WKNO/Channel 10 will air upcoming BlueCross Bowl: 2012 TSSAA Football Championships live Thursday – Saturday, November 29 – December 1, 2012.
The schedule for the high school football championships from Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville is:
Please note that start times may change based on gameplay.
Thursday, November 29
- Division II, Class A at 3:00 p.m. Evangelical Christian School in Cordova vs Knoxville Webb
The local broadcast of this game is sponsored by All American Sporting Goods and Evangelical Christian School.
- Division II, Class AA, scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. Memphis University School vs Ensworth
The local broadcast of this game is sponsored by All American Sporting Goods, Boyle Investment Company and Wunderlich Securities.
Friday, November 30
- Division I, Class 1A at 11:00 a.m.Gordonsville vs Huntingdon
- Division I, Class 3A, scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m. Christian Academy of Knoxville vs Milan
- Division I, Class 5A, scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. Columbia vs Beech
Saturday, December 1
- Division I, Class 2A at 11:00 a.m. Friendship Christian vs Adamsville
- Division I, Class 4A, scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m. Covington High School vs Fulton
- Division I, Class 6A, scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. Whitehaven High School vs Maryville
The local broadcast of this game is sponsored by All American Sporting Goods.
The airing of these live games is part of a deal between the Tennessee Public Television Stations and the TSSAA Network, which is a partnership between The TSSAA and PlayOn! Sports.
The agreement continues in March with State High School Basketball Championships airing over three weekends.
WKNO is a non-profit, private foundation serving the Mid-South for more than 56 years. An important community resource, WKNO uses the power of non-commercial public broadcasting to provide the Mid-South with quality educational and cultural programs that inform, entertain, and inspire. For more information: wkno.org
# # #